The Department of Technology provides proactive leadership in the use of technology and information solutions to improve the City's operations and service delivery. This section provides an overview of some of the initiatives the Department has sponsored.
- Dig Once: Initiative is designed to create more efficient delivery of communications services and minimize disruption in the public right of way by taking advantage of opportunities to place communication conduit during excavation by municipal and private utilities, when technically and economically feasible.
- Free WiFi: free municipal wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) service along Market Street – the City’s busiest and most economically diverse corridor.
- O365 Email Project: initiative is focused on implementing city-wide cost-effective Office365 technology.
Social Media: initiative is focused on helping City departments leverage the power social media technologies.
- Digital Inclusion: this initiative seeks to ensure that all San Franciscans have access to Internet and computer technology.
- Enterprise Addressing System : An application that allows City employees to query, update, and retire street addresses managed via a single authoritative database.
- Future of Public Access TV: a project dedicated to creating a partnership to operate the public access channels in San Francisco.
- Techconnect: a program that links residents to computers and technology - enabling access, promoting adoption and coordinating services to improve quality of life.