CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
VETERANS AFFAIRS COMMISSION
MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011, 6:00 P.M.
401 VAN NESS AVENUE, ROOM 104
WAR MEMORIAL VETERANS BUILDING
NOTE: Acting President (and current V.P.) Raymond Wong, Presiding
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. ROLL CALL (Please Sign-In on Attendance Sheet)
3. REVIEW of Current Meeting AGENDA for approval
4. REVIEW of Previous Meeting MINUTES for changes and/or Approval
Note: Review of Comm. D. Wong’s Minutes for Meeting of December 6, 2010. 5. Call for Public Comment. (Time reserved for introduction of guests and general comments by guests).
Secretary Noetzel to present DRAFT Minutes for meeting of March 8, 2011.
6. Officers REPORTS:
A. President’s Report. Acting President Raymond Wong to address the Commission.
B. Vice President’s Report; VP R. Wong to report.
C. Secretary’s Report; Secretary Noetzel will report on status of Board of Supervisors and
Mayoral appointments to the VAC, and distribute updated CURRENT COMMISSIONERS
7. REVIEW and approval of mandated corrections to 2010 ANNUAL REPORT.
8. REPORTS on ONGOING ISSUES:
A. Veterans Employment. Comm. THOMPSON (Lead)
B. Veterans HEALTH AND WELFARE.
C. HOMELESS Veterans. Comm.
D. Veterans Related LEGISLATION. Comm. R. WONG lead. Also, Comm. NOETZEL to seek vote of approval for his proposed RESOLUTION in support of HR Bill #210, titled: Filipino Veterans Fairness Act of 2011
E. NATIONAL VETERANS GROUPS. F. VETERANS PROJECTS. Comm. NOETZEL, (Lead), to report on development progress on project to contact Human Resources Directors of Major S.F. Corporations on VETERANS HIRING POLICIES.
G. WAR MEMORIAL VETERANS BUILDING. Update on current status of negotiations with Board of Trust with respect to apportionment of building space for VETERAN related use.
9. OLD BUSINESS
a. Comm. ALFIDI to report on the 2/10/11 American Legion internal TRIAL of former A.L. District 8 Commander Michael Gerold, and the impact and implications of his conviction and expulsion from the Legion. Discussion to include possible further VAC action.
b. VAC request for support of City of S.F. Government for adequate funding for County Veterans Service Office programs, as suggested by Comm. Levin at previous meeting.
10. NEW BUSINESS: Discussion and development of a Succession Plan to
re-establish permanent VAC President and Officers.
11. Honors Report and Moment of Silence: In memory of American Armed Service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts, plus the passing of homeless veterans and recent suicides within the veterans and armed services community.
Note: Commissioners who are unable to attend this meeting are asked to notify the Commission Secretary well prior to meeting, at:
Stephen Noetzel, Secretary, at email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 415-378-8214