CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
VETERANS AFFAIRS COMMISSION
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2011, 6:00 P.M.
401 VAN NESS AVENUE, ROOM 104
WAR MEMORIAL VETERANS BUILDING
NOTE: Acting President (and current V.P.) Raymond Wong, Presiding
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. ROLL CALL (Please Sign-In on Attendance Sheet)
3. REVIEW of Current Meeting AGENDA for approval
4. REVIEW of earlier Meeting MINUTES for changes and/or Approval
a. Review of Sec’y Noetzel’s DRAFT MINUTES for the VAC Meeting of 2 April, 2011 and…
b. Review of Sec’y Noetzel’s DRAFT MINUTES for the VAC Meeting of 2 May, 2011.
5. WELCOME to recently appointed Commissioners.
Mayor LEE has recently made FOUR appointments to fill new terms for Mayoral Appointees to the VAC.
As the appointments include the Acting President, Secretary Noetzel will lead official WELCOME BACK to
re-appointed Commissioners CHRIS GRUWELL and RAYMOND WONG, and WELCOME ABOARD statements to new Commissioners ALEXANDRA CRICHLOW and AMBER ROSE.
6. Call for Public Comment. (Time reserved for introduction of guests and general comments by guests).
7. ACTION ITEM: Discussion and development of a (simplified) Succession Plan, to fill the vacant position of Interim Commission President, (and any subsequently opened Offices) with intent to hold nominations and Elections under adopted Plan.
Note: Hopefully, after this item, the newly elected Interim Commission President will preside over the balance of the meeting.
8. Officers REPORTS:
A. President’s Report.
B. Vice President’s Report; VP R. Wong to report.
C. Secretary’s Report; Secretary Noetzel will report on status of Board of Supervisors and
Mayoral appointments to the VAC, and distribute updated CURRENT COMMISSIONERS
8. REPORTS on ONGOING ISSUES:
A. Veterans Employment. Comm. THOMPSON (Lead, to report on 5/11/11 JOB FAIR, and other).
B. Veterans HEALTH AND WELFARE.
C. HOMELESS Veterans.
D. Veterans Related LEGISLATION. Comm. R. WONG lead.
E. NATIONAL VETERANS GROUPS.
F. VETERANS PROJECTS. Comm. NOETZEL, (Lead), to report on development progress on project to contact Human Resources Directors of Major S.F. Corporations on VETERANS HIRING POLICIES.
G. WAR MEMORIAL VETERANS BUILDING. Update on current status of negotiations with Board of Trust with respect to apportionment of building space for VETERAN related use.
9. OLD BUSINESS
11. Honors Report and Moment of Silence: In memory of American Armed Service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts, plus the passing of homeless veterans and recent suicides within the veterans and armed services community.
Note: Commissioners who are unable to attend this meeting are asked to notify the Commission Secretary well prior to meeting, at:
Stephen Noetzel, Secretary, at email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 415-378-8214